History

V-Day Raleigh was founded in late 2016 by organizer Alex Matsuo, and V-Day Raleigh’s first benefit production of “The Vagina Monologues” was performed in February 2017.

InterAct
Members of the 2017 V-Team present V-Day Raleigh’s donation to InterAct.

 

V-Day’s 2017 local beneficiary was InterAct, with 90% of proceeds going to that organization, and the remaining 10% going to the international V-Day organization.

 

 

 

 

V-Day Raleigh’s total funds raised for 2017 were as follows:

Totals
Members of the 2017 V-Team show off the total funds raised!

 

InterAct: $2,791.98

V-Day: $310.22

Total Funds Raised in 2017: $3,102.20

 

 

 

The 2017 V-Day Raleigh Leadership Team (V-Team)

VTeam
V-Day Raleigh’s 2017 V-Team

 

Director/Organizer: Alex Matsuo
Assistant Director: Pimpila Violette
Stage Manager: Sarah Gendron
Dramaturg/Artistic Consultant:
Loni Lyn Price
Social Media Coordinator:
Ashley Rebecca Jones
Art Coordinator: Alissa Alba
Sponsorship/Fundraising: Emily Hamm

 

 

 

 

The Cast of “The Vagina Monologues” 2017

 

TVMCast
The cast of V-Day Raleigh’s 2017 “The Vagina Monologues”

Amani McKenzie
Arin Dickson
Arrissia Blanton
Chelsey Winstead
Joanna Herath
Kelly McConkey
Lauren Bamford
Lynnette Barber
Maribeth McCarthy
Nan L. Stephenson
Nicole Graziano
Seema Kukreja
Sharon Moyer